Aeration – is a simple and effective process for increasing the oxygen level in a pond, which significantly improves the natural processes below the surface of the water and the aesthetic beauty of the pond.
Aeration systems have a beneficial effect on the health of ponds and lakes. And they can be powered by solar or wind energy if the power supply to your pond is not possible.
- Aeration will reduce or eliminate many of the water quality problems faced by lake and pond owners and help clear up turbidity and odors from the water.
- Aeration reduces problematic algal blooms in the pond and floating vegetation.
- Aeration helps to reduce the amount of free-active phosphorus and iron in the pond through oxidation.
- Aerators are aesthetic and invisible.
- Aeration reduces mosquito activity by creating ripples and water movement.
- Aeration oxygenates the water and thus creates a healthy habitat for fish and other aquatic organisms.
- Aerators help reduce the build-up of organic deposits at the bottom of the pond.
Implementing an aeration system is a proactive and cost effective approach to a variety of pond and lake management challenges. Aeration can prevent unpleasant and dangerous water problems before they occur. Also aeration significantly improves the health of the aquatic ecosystem.